There was an error loading the page.
From users who are members of Transition to university :
|Christian Lawson-Perfect||said||Ready to use||3 years ago|
|Elliott Fletcher||said||Needs to be tested||3 years ago|
|Hannah Aldous||said||Has some problems||3 years ago|
Hannah Aldous 3 years ago
just a few pedantic things I picked up on,
feel like the title should maybe be 'finding the missing value of a constant in a polynomial using the factor theorem'?
in your advice you start with again, but I don't think this is necessary, but it's up to you.
not sure you need commas in between your lines of working, after m or 0.
not sure 'But g(2)=0' should be a sentence independently maybe join it to the sentence before with a comma.
No variables have been defined in this question.
This variable doesn't seem to be used anywhere.
Error in variable testing condition
There's an error in the condition you specified in the Variable testing tab. Variable values can't be generated until it's fixed.
No parts have been defined in this question.
Select a part to edit.
Test that the marking algorithm works
Check that the marking algorithm works with different sets of variables and student answers using the interface below.
Create unit tests to save expected results and to document how the algorithm should work.
There's an error which means the marking algorithm can't run:
Click on a note's name to show or hide it. Only shown notes will be included when you create a unit test.
No unit tests have been defined. Enter an answer above, select one or more notes, and click the "Create a unit test" button.
The following tests check that the question is behaving as desired.
This test has not been run yet This test produces the expected output This test does not produce the expected output
This test is not currently producing the expected result. Fix the marking algorithm to produce the expected results detailed below or, if this test is out of date, update the test to accept the current values.
One or more notes in this test are no longer defined. If these notes are no longer needed, you should delete this test.
|This note produces the expected output||Current:||
This test has not yet been run.
In order to create a variable replacement, you must define at least one variable and one other part.
|Variable||Answer to use||Must be answered?|
The variable replacements you've chosen will cause the following variables to be regenerated each time the student submits an answer to this part:
These variables have some random elements, which means they're not guaranteed to have the same value each time the student submits an answer. You should define new variables to store the random elements, so that they remain the same each time this part is marked.
This part can't be reached by the student.
Add a "next part" reference to this part from another part.
None of the parts which can lead to this part are reachable either.
Next part options
Variable replacementsNo variable replacements have been defined for this next part option.
This part can follow on from:
This part doesn't follow on from any others.
This question is used in the following exams:
- Algebra and functions by Elliott Fletcher in Elliott's workspace.
- summer project 3 (modular arithmetic + induction) by George Loughlin in George's workspace.
- Malcolm's copy of Algebra and functions by Malcolm Roberts in Malcolm's workspace.
- Apply the factor and remainder theorems by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- P3 - Further Algebra by Rob Beckett in Rob's workspace.
- Summer Project 3 - practice by Inbbavathie Ravi in Lee's Newcastle Maths & Stats Summer Project 2017.
- Ryan's copy of Algebra and functions by Ryan Poling in Ryan's workspace.
- Factor and remainder theorems by Simon Thomas in Algebra.
- Practice factorisation by William Bean in William's workspace.
- Possible applicable questions from previous year by Tom Bold in Transition to university maths.
- Algebra by Alan Levine in Mathtest Questions.
- Algebra varias preguntas con ejercicios by Guillermo Bernardo DURÁN GONZÁLEZ in Numbas N° 7.
- Kwame's copy of Malcolm's copy of Algebra and functions by Kwame Dwamena in Kwame's workspace.