There was an error loading the page.
History and Feedback
Christian Lawson-Perfect 2 years, 8 months ago
Saved a checkpoint:
I've reworded the statement and some of the prompts, and added a separate "simplify your expression step" using pattern-matching so that the first one doesn't have to be simplified.
I've also reworded the advice quite heavily.
Bradley Bush 2 years, 8 months ago
Thank you for the advice. I started with one part, you asked for two and now you've got 3. I did forget to mention that they were super delux sweets, however I have altered them to packets for clarity sake. I have also followed through with the other suggestions you've made.
Chris Graham 2 years, 9 months ago
Why only one part? There doesn't seem to be any good reason why it shouldn't be in two parts.
£2 for a lollipop?! They are unreasonably expensive sweets. May need a re-think to make this more realistic. You state Jerry eats a lot and I would disagree (based on my own sweet-eating habits), so perhaps these could be packets of sweets?
You have mixed singular "Jerry", and plural "they".
A good addition would be to add a step to (what will be) part a) which asks for an expression for each of the 3 components. This bit should also be above the cost equation in the advice. "we can see that the unsimplified expression..." can't be seen at all, until those steps have been taken.
No variables have been defined in this question.
This variable doesn't seem to be used anywhere.
Error in variable testing condition
There's an error in the condition you specified in the Variable testing tab. Variable values can't be generated until it's fixed.
No parts have been defined in this question.
Select a part to edit.
Test that the marking algorithm works
Check that the marking algorithm works with different sets of variables and student answers using the interface below.
Create unit tests to save expected results and to document how the algorithm should work.
There's an error which means the marking algorithm can't run:
Click on a note's name to show or hide it. Only shown notes will be included when you create a unit test.
No unit tests have been defined. Enter an answer above, select one or more notes, and click the "Create a unit test" button.
The following tests check that the question is behaving as desired.
This test has not been run yet This test produces the expected output This test does not produce the expected output
This test is not currently producing the expected result. Fix the marking algorithm to produce the expected results detailed below or, if this test is out of date, update the test to accept the current values.
One or more notes in this test are no longer defined. If these notes are no longer needed, you should delete this test.
|This note produces the expected output||Current:||
This test has not yet been run.
In order to create a variable replacement, you must define at least one variable and one other part.
|Variable||Answer to use||Must be answered?|
The variable replacements you've chosen will cause the following variables to be regenerated each time the student submits an answer to this part:
These variables have some random elements, which means they're not guaranteed to have the same value each time the student submits an answer. You should define new variables to store the random elements, so that they remain the same each time this part is marked.
This question is used in the following exams:
- Algebraic manipulation by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- maths practice-revision by David Martin in David's workspace.
- Nick's copy of Algebraic manipulation by Nick Walker in Nick's workspace.
- Algebra by Samantha Konig in Samantha's workspace.
- Algebraic manipulation [L1] by Matthew James Sykes in CHY1205.
- NUMBAS - Algebraic manipulation by Katy Dobson in Katy's workspace.
- Simplifying and manipulating algebra by Jo-Ann Lyons in Jo-Ann's workspace.
- Year 11 Standard Practice Paper 1 by Amy Hosie in Amy's workspace.
- Fundamentals of Algebra by Simon Thomas in Maths support.
- Exam 1 by Sam Dougherty in Sam's workspace.
- Assignment 2 by Sharika Mesba in Sharika's workspace.
- Test12345 by Richard Law in Richard's workspace.
- Algebra by Alan Levine in Mathtest Questions.
- Algebraic manipulation by Guillermo Bernardo DURÁN GONZÁLEZ in Numbas N° 7.