There was an error loading the page.
From users who are members of Transition to university :
|Christian Lawson-Perfect||said||Ready to use||5 years, 7 months ago|
Christian Lawson-Perfect 5 years, 7 months ago
Gave some feedback: Ready to use
Christian Lawson-Perfect 5 years, 7 months ago
Saved a checkpoint:
Split off from a larger question.
Heavily edited the advice to make sure no weird rounding errors happen, and fixed a fair bit of grammar.
The question now picks a physically reasonable speed and generates a time based on that.
Christian Lawson-Perfect 5 years, 7 months agoCreated this as a copy of Using compound units: price/weight of sweets.
Error in variable testing condition
There's an error in the variable testing condition. Variable values can't be generated until it's fixed.
No variables have been defined in this question.
This variable doesn't seem to be used anywhere.
No parts have been defined in this question.
Select a part to edit.
This gap is not used in the parent part's prompt.
The student will not be able to enter an answer to this gap.
Ask the student a question, and give any hints about how they should answer this part.
For each combination of answer and choice, specify the number of marks to add or subtract when the student picks it.
For each combination of answer and choice, write 1 if the student should tick it, or 0 if they should leave it unticked.
Test that the marking algorithm works
Check that the marking algorithm works with different sets of variables and student answers using the interface below.
Create unit tests to save expected results and to document how the algorithm should work.
There's an error which means the marking algorithm can't run:
These variables are available within the marking algorithm.
These values are available as extra variables in the marking algorithm.
These values are available as entries in the
This feedback is based on your last submitted answer. Submit your changed answer to get updated feedback.
These are the notes produced by this part's marking algorithm.
Click on a note's name to show or hide it.
No unit tests have been defined. Enter an answer above, select one or more notes, and click the "Create a unit test" button.
The following tests check that the question is behaving as desired.
This test has not been run yet This test produces the expected output This test does not produce the expected output
This test is not currently producing the expected result. Fix the marking algorithm to produce the expected results detailed below or, if this test is out of date, update the test to accept the current values.
One or more notes in this test are no longer defined. If these notes are no longer needed, you should delete this test.
|This note produces the expected output||Current:||
A difference in feedback messages does not cause this test to fail.
A difference in warnings does not cause this test to fail.
This test has not yet been run.
To account for errors made by the student in earlier calculations, replace question variables with answers to earlier parts.
In order to create a variable replacement, you must define at least one variable and one other part.
|Variable||Answer to use||Must be answered?|
The variable replacements you've chosen will cause the following variables to be regenerated each time the student submits an answer to this part:
These variables have some random elements, which means they're not guaranteed to have the same value each time the student submits an answer. You should define new variables to store the random elements, so that they remain the same each time this part is marked.
This part can't be reached by the student.
Add a "next part" reference to this part from another part.
None of the parts which can lead to this part are reachable either.
Next part options
Define the list of parts that the student can visit after this one.
Variable replacementsNo variable replacements have been defined for this next part option.
This part can follow on from:
This part doesn't follow on from any others.
Choose a type for this new .
Select extensions to use in this question.
There was an error loading this extension.
Define rulesets for simplification and display of mathematical expressions.
Add styling to the question's display and write a script to run when the question is created.
Use this tab to check that this question works as expected.
There was an error which means the tests can't run:
Hasn't run yet
This question is used in the following exams:
- Units of measurement by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- Linear measure - distance and length by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- Speed by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- Units and Conversion by Katie Bullen in Katie's workspace.
- Nick's copy of Units of measurement by Nick Walker in Nick's workspace.
- Units of measurement [L1 Randomised] by Matthew James Sykes in CHY1205.
- Lecture 1 by Matthew James Sykes in CHY1205.
- David's copy of Units of measurement [L1 Randomised] by David Rickard in PHYS1010.
- Maria's copy of Speed by Maria Aneiros in Maria's workspace.
- Offer Holder Day by Chris Graham in Chris's workspace.
- Module 3 by Niharika Singh in Niharika's workspace.
- claire's copy of Speed by claire lines in claire's workspace.
- claire's copy of Units of measurement by claire lines in claire's workspace.
- claire's copy of Linear measure - distance and length by claire lines in claire's workspace.
- All the good stuff by Chris Templet in Chris's workspace.
- FoR Summative Maths Test by Angus Rosenburgh in Angus's workspace.
- Core Maths Test 2023 by Angus Rosenburgh in Angus's workspace.