There was an error loading the page.
From users who are members of Transition to university :
|Chris Graham||said||Ready to use||5 years, 6 months ago|
|Hannah Aldous||said||Needs to be tested||5 years, 7 months ago|
|Elliott Fletcher||said||Has some problems||5 years, 7 months ago|
|Christian Lawson-Perfect||said||Has some problems||5 years, 7 months ago|
From users who are not members of Transition to university :
|Mohini Chand||said||Ready to use||4 years, 7 months ago|
Chris Graham commented 5 years, 6 months ago
This question had an unwieldy part b), asking the student to simplify an expression containing many log terms. This was set up in an extraordinarily complicated way with over a dozen variables and, as I'm sure we have other similar questions written in a less complex way, I have removed it and reorganised part a) to become two parts. The question is very straightforward now, but I think that's OK.
Elliott Fletcher commented 5 years, 7 months ago
This looks like a good question i just have a few comments.
In the statement you might need to have a comma after you state the first law of logarithms.
b) are you wanting the student to input their answer as a simplified fraction or just any fraction? you might need to put in a precision restriction.
a) i) good, just a typo "subsituting" should be "substituting".
a) ii) same typo as in a) i)
I think the have typed up the wrong questions for the advice here, i'm not sure where the a) ii) part fits in
I think the advice for a) iii) is meant to be for question a) ii) but the numbers here aren't the same as in the question.
Also you have two a) iii)s in the advice, but there are only two questions in part a) in the actual question.
b) i) you might need a full stop after the first line of maths here.
b) ii) again you might need a full stop after the first line of maths.
One of the logs here is in italics as well whereas the others aren't.
Also the final answer in the advice here is not given as a simplified fraction.
Chris Graham commented 5 years, 7 months ago
Part b) asks for the answers as a fraction, but the gaps do not accept fraction input. In addition, the correct answer is displayed as a decimal. Tick the "Allow the student to enter a fraction?" checkbox, which will also reveal an option to display the answer as a fraction.
In the advice, rather than
\right)for parentheses, which scale to the height of the contents.
The pairs (i),(ii) and (iii),(iv) in part a) don't really ask anything different, but I think that's OK. You could have (iv) result in a fraction, though then you will need to add "Enter your answer as a fraction where appropriate" or similar in the part prompt.
Otherwise this is good.
Error in variable testing condition
There's an error in the variable testing condition. Variable values can't be generated until it's fixed.
No variables have been defined in this question.
This variable doesn't seem to be used anywhere.
No parts have been defined in this question.
Select a part to edit.
This gap is not used in the parent part's prompt.
The student will not be able to enter an answer to this gap.
For each combination of answer and choice, specify the number of marks to add or subtract when the student picks it.
For each combination of answer and choice, write 1 if the student should tick it, or 0 if they should leave it unticked.
Test that the marking algorithm works
Check that the marking algorithm works with different sets of variables and student answers using the interface below.
Create unit tests to save expected results and to document how the algorithm should work.
There's an error which means the marking algorithm can't run:
These variables are available within the marking algorithm.
These values are available as extra variables in the marking algorithm.
These values are available as entries in the
This feedback is based on your last submitted answer. Submit your changed answer to get updated feedback.
These are the notes produced by this part's marking algorithm.
Click on a note's name to show or hide it.
No unit tests have been defined. Enter an answer above, select one or more notes, and click the "Create a unit test" button.
The following tests check that the question is behaving as desired.
This test has not been run yet This test produces the expected output This test does not produce the expected output
This test is not currently producing the expected result. Fix the marking algorithm to produce the expected results detailed below or, if this test is out of date, update the test to accept the current values.
One or more notes in this test are no longer defined. If these notes are no longer needed, you should delete this test.
|This note produces the expected output||Current:||
A difference in feedback messages does not cause this test to fail.
A difference in warnings does not cause this test to fail.
This test has not yet been run.
In order to create a variable replacement, you must define at least one variable and one other part.
|Variable||Answer to use||Must be answered?|
The variable replacements you've chosen will cause the following variables to be regenerated each time the student submits an answer to this part:
These variables have some random elements, which means they're not guaranteed to have the same value each time the student submits an answer. You should define new variables to store the random elements, so that they remain the same each time this part is marked.
This part can't be reached by the student.
Add a "next part" reference to this part from another part.
None of the parts which can lead to this part are reachable either.
Next part options
Variable replacementsNo variable replacements have been defined for this next part option.
This part can follow on from:
This part doesn't follow on from any others.
Choose a type for this new .
There was an error loading this extension.
Use this tab to check that this question works as expected.
There was an error which means the tests can't run:
Hasn't run yet
This question is used in the following exams:
- Logarithms by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- Joshua's copy of Printable assignment using NUMBAS by Joshua Capel in Joshua's workspace.
- franco's copy of Joshua's copy of Printable assignment using NUMBAS by franco chooramen in franco's workspace.
- Practice for test 2 by Deirdre Casey in IFY DIFC.
- Logarithms by Angus Rosenburgh in Angus's workspace.
- Jonathan's copy of Printable assignment using NUMBAS by Jonathan Kress in Jonathan's workspace.
- P8 - Exponentials & Logarithms by Rob Beckett in Rob's workspace.
- Nick's copy of Logarithms by Nick Walker in Nick's workspace.
- Logarithms [L6 Randomised] by Matthew James Sykes in CHY1205.
- NUMBAS - Logarithms by Katy Dobson in Katy's workspace.
- Blathnaid's copy of NUMBAS - Logarithms by Blathnaid Sheridan in Blathnaid's workspace.
- Initial maths test by J. Richard Snape in J. Richard's workspace.
- Rules of Logarithms by Jo-Ann Lyons in Jo-Ann's workspace.
- MATH1601 Quiz 1 by Blathnaid Sheridan in Blathnaid's workspace.
- Printable assignment using NUMBAS by Joshua Capel in Daniel's workspace.
- FOUNDATION MATHEMATICS PRACTICE by Francis Duah in Francis's workspace.
- Mock Exam 1 by Francis Duah in Francis's workspace.
- Miscellaneous by Mario Orsi in Mario's workspace.
- Test Exam 1 by Kevin Bohan in Kevin's workspace.
- test1 by Justin McGuinness in Justin's workspace.
- Test 1 by Patricia Cogan in Patricia's workspace.
- Maria's copy of Logarithms by Maria Aneiros in Maria's workspace.
- Possible applicable questions from previous year by Tom Bold in Transition to university maths.
- Logarithms by AJAY OTTA in AJAY's workspace.
- MEM23004A by Mykola Kyrylenko in Mykola's workspace.
- LogarithmsEasy by AJAY OTTA in AJAY's workspace.
- Edina's copy of Logarithms Exam qs by Edina Kurdi in Edina's workspace.
- Module 3 by Niharika Singh in Niharika's workspace.
- International Summer School: Logs and Exponentials 1 by Rachel Binks in MSP International Summer School.
- Week 1 revision by Sara Santos in Sara's workspace.
- first exam by Sara Santos in Sara's workspace.
- Logarithms Practice by Michael Proudman in .Algebra.
- FoR Summative Maths Test by Angus Rosenburgh in Angus's workspace.
- Harry's copy of Logarithms by Harry Flynn in First year maths.
- Arif's copy of Logarithms by Arif Hermawan in Arif's workspace.
- claire's copy of Logarithms by claire lines in claire's workspace.
- Logarithms by Robert Barham in Robert's workspace.
- claire's copy of Logarithms for ME0006 by claire lines in claire's workspace.
- Felix's copy of Logarithms by Felix Lenders in Felix's workspace.
- All the good stuff by Chris Templet in Chris's workspace.