There was an error loading the page.
From users who are members of Transition to university :
|Chris Graham||said||Ready to use||4 years ago|
|Bradley Bush||said||Needs to be tested||4 years ago|
Chris Graham 4 years ago
One more thing... points A and B should be labelled the other way round. Let's give your question the context of driving in a car: if you travel from A to B then, as it stands, the gradient is positive. Related to this, you do not give any indication where the equation for the gradient comes from. You could say something like, the gradient is the ratio of the vertical change ($y2-y1$) to the horizontal change ($x2-x1$).
Chris Graham 4 years ago
Math.max()to set a minimum range displayed above the axis, e.g.
Math.max(yb+4,2)would set the 'y-max' to a minimum of 2.
You could use a similar method to check that the intercept is on the board (it currently isn't always).
Check your spelling, e.g. "coordiantes" and that your sentences read fluidly, e.g. "find the straight line equation of the line running through these points" can be written "find the equation of the straight line running through these points" and so on.
Bradley Bush 4 years, 1 month agoCreated this as a copy of Find the equation of a line through two points - positive gradient.
No variables have been defined in this question.
This variable doesn't seem to be used anywhere.
Error in variable testing condition
There's an error in the condition you specified in the Variable testing tab. Variable values can't be generated until it's fixed.
No parts have been defined in this question.
Select a part to edit.
For each combination of answer and choice, specify the number of marks to add or subtract when the student picks it.
For each combination of answer and choice, write 1 if the student should tick it, or 0 if they should leave it unticked.
Test that the marking algorithm works
Check that the marking algorithm works with different sets of variables and student answers using the interface below.
Create unit tests to save expected results and to document how the algorithm should work.
There's an error which means the marking algorithm can't run:
These variables are available within the marking algorithm.
These values are available as extra variables in the marking algorithm.
These values are available as entries in the
Click on a note's name to show or hide it. Only shown notes will be included when you create a unit test.
No unit tests have been defined. Enter an answer above, select one or more notes, and click the "Create a unit test" button.
The following tests check that the question is behaving as desired.
This test has not been run yet This test produces the expected output This test does not produce the expected output
This test is not currently producing the expected result. Fix the marking algorithm to produce the expected results detailed below or, if this test is out of date, update the test to accept the current values.
One or more notes in this test are no longer defined. If these notes are no longer needed, you should delete this test.
|This note produces the expected output||Current:||
This test has not yet been run.
In order to create a variable replacement, you must define at least one variable and one other part.
|Variable||Answer to use||Must be answered?|
The variable replacements you've chosen will cause the following variables to be regenerated each time the student submits an answer to this part:
These variables have some random elements, which means they're not guaranteed to have the same value each time the student submits an answer. You should define new variables to store the random elements, so that they remain the same each time this part is marked.
This part can't be reached by the student.
Add a "next part" reference to this part from another part.
None of the parts which can lead to this part are reachable either.
Next part options
Variable replacementsNo variable replacements have been defined for this next part option.
This part can follow on from:
This part doesn't follow on from any others.
There was an error loading this extension.
- : of
This question is used in the following exams:
- Find the equation of a line through two points by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- maths practice-revision by David Martin in David's workspace.
- My first exam by John Illsley in John's workspace.
- Find the equation of a line through two points by Angus Rosenburgh in Angus's workspace.
- Find the equation of a line through two points [L3 Randomised] by Matthew James Sykes in CHY1205.
- NUMBAS- Find the equation of a line through two points by Katy Dobson in Katy's workspace.
- test scorm in Wattle by Jenny Edwards in Jenny's workspace.
- JP by Julie Crowley in JP.
- Year 10 Practice Exam 1 by Neil Anderson in Neil's workspace.
- PH022 Week 2 Moodle Quiz by Vicky Mason in Vicky's workspace.
- Coordinate Geometry by Katie Bullen in Katie's workspace.
- Construction Engineering Outcome 3 by Sandra Ferguson in Sandra's workspace.
- Back to Maths test by Inna Namestnikova in Inna's workspace.
- Back to Maths test 1 by Inna Namestnikova in Inna's workspace.
- Back to Maths diagnostic test by Inna Namestnikova in Inna's workspace.
- MEM23004A by Mykola Kyrylenko in Mykola's workspace.
- Access Maths formative test 1 by Ruth Douglas in Ruth's workspace.
- Practice Math by Isabel Cooke in Isabel's workspace.
- Edina's copy of Find the equation of a line through two points by Edina Kurdi in Edina's workspace.
- Numeracy resit test by Heike Wanke in Heike's workspace.