There was an error loading the page.
From users who are members of Transition to university :
|Christian Lawson-Perfect||said||Ready to use||4 years, 3 months ago|
|Stanislav Duris||said||Needs to be tested||4 years, 3 months ago|
|Vicky Hall||said||Has some problems||4 years, 3 months ago|
Vicky Hall 4 years, 3 months ago
I really like the set up of this question and I think it will make the student think quite hard about properties of numbers. I've reworded some of the advice to make it clearer. I also think that, for consistency, parts vii) and viii) in the advice should have a table of values for $-3 \leq x\leq3$. It makes your conclusion look a bit stronger if you have checked a range of positive and negative numbers and can show a trend.
No variables have been defined in this question.
This variable doesn't seem to be used anywhere.
Error in variable testing condition
There's an error in the condition you specified in the Variable testing tab. Variable values can't be generated until it's fixed.
No parts have been defined in this question.
Select a part to edit.
For each combination of answer and choice, specify the number of marks to add or subtract when the student picks it.
For each combination of answer and choice, write 1 if the student should tick it, or 0 if they should leave it unticked.
Test that the marking algorithm works
Check that the marking algorithm works with different sets of variables and student answers using the interface below.
Create unit tests to save expected results and to document how the algorithm should work.
There's an error which means the marking algorithm can't run:
These variables are available within the marking algorithm.
These values are available as extra variables in the marking algorithm.
These values are available as entries in the
Click on a note's name to show or hide it. Only shown notes will be included when you create a unit test.
No unit tests have been defined. Enter an answer above, select one or more notes, and click the "Create a unit test" button.
The following tests check that the question is behaving as desired.
This test has not been run yet This test produces the expected output This test does not produce the expected output
This test is not currently producing the expected result. Fix the marking algorithm to produce the expected results detailed below or, if this test is out of date, update the test to accept the current values.
One or more notes in this test are no longer defined. If these notes are no longer needed, you should delete this test.
|This note produces the expected output||Current:||
This test has not yet been run.
In order to create a variable replacement, you must define at least one variable and one other part.
|Variable||Answer to use||Must be answered?|
The variable replacements you've chosen will cause the following variables to be regenerated each time the student submits an answer to this part:
These variables have some random elements, which means they're not guaranteed to have the same value each time the student submits an answer. You should define new variables to store the random elements, so that they remain the same each time this part is marked.
This part can't be reached by the student.
Add a "next part" reference to this part from another part.
None of the parts which can lead to this part are reachable either.
Next part options
Variable replacementsNo variable replacements have been defined for this next part option.
This part can follow on from:
This part doesn't follow on from any others.
There was an error loading this extension.
- : of
This question is used in the following exams:
- Summer Project (Optimisation + Methods of proof) by Inbbavathie Ravi in Inbbavathie's workspace.
- summer project 3 (modular arithmetic + induction) by George Loughlin in George's workspace.
- Powers and indices by Christian Lawson-Perfect in Transition to university.
- trial run by Lesley Davis in Lesley's workspace.
- Apprentice Maths Diagnostic by sarah hargreaves in sarah's workspace.
- sarah's copy of Apprentice Maths Diagnostic by sarah hargreaves in sarah's workspace.
- Powers and indices by Angus Rosenburgh in Fundamentals of Research.
- Powers and indices with functions by Mark Hodds in Tutoring.
- Eva's copy of Powers and indices by Eva Szatmari in Eva's workspace.
- Blathnaid's copy of Eva's copy of Powers and indices by Blathnaid Sheridan in Blathnaid's workspace.
- Huuuuuge test by Angus Rosenburgh in Fundamentals of Research.
- Nick's copy of Powers and indices by Nick Walker in Nick's workspace.
- Powers and indices [L0 Randomised] by Matthew James Sykes in CHY1205.
- PRE-LECTURE SKILLS by Matthew James Sykes in CHY1205.
- NUMBAS- Powers and indices by Katy Dobson in Katy's workspace.
- Summer Project 3 - practice by Inbbavathie Ravi in NCL MSP International Summer Project.
- Summer Project 4 - practice by Inbbavathie Ravi in NCL MSP International Summer Project.
- Indices by Jo-Ann Lyons in Jo-Ann's workspace.
- Maria's copy of Powers and indices by Maria Aneiros in Maria's workspace.
- Possible applicable questions from previous year by Tom Bold in Transition to university maths.
- MATH1901 Arithmetic & Basic Algebra by Blathnaid Sheridan in Blathnaid's workspace.
- Powers and indices by AJAY OTTA in AJAY's workspace.
- Indices by Wan Mekwi in Introduction to Calculus.
- Scientific Notation by Kevin Bohan in Kevin's workspace.
- Edina's copy of Powers and indices by Edina Kurdi in Edina's workspace.